Tanks in Town 09

Jack

Great pic mate great event thanks for hanging onto me through the woods was a awsome ride.

Fantastic weekend

Tony

Here's a couple of video's Steph found on Youtube... she will post ours later and I will put a link through

>> us coming off the battle field

>> 1:15 us riding on to the battle field Edited by Tony Pearson

Great pic mate great event thanks for hanging onto me through the woods was a awsome ride.

Fantastic weekend

Tony

Here's a couple of video's Steph found on Youtube... she will post ours later and I will put a link through

>> us coming off the battle field

>> 1:15 us riding on to the battle field

Just uploading one now so have a look later - Username PathfinderTents

And I am pleased that I held you as I reckon that you would still be flying through the air!!

One hell of a weekend and so many stories to tell

- Tony insisting that he saw an AutoCar (when there wasn't one)....

- Tony drinking Mons dry.....

- Tony nearly getting arrested....

- sharing a room with Jim (it ain't for the faint herted)....

- Jim eating Mons dry....

- Jim offering to pay for his meal on the ferry with a 500 euro note....

- spark plugs...at the bottom of the engine...

- The pizza and the tray...

- flying pizza...

- how fast does a Hellcat actually go......?

- speed bumps - what speed bumps...?

- get out of the f*&*%** way....

- Mon's - look out we are coming in and fast...!

- get out of the way, Mike is driving......

.........will write up more on Thursday:cool2::sweat:

OK folks as promised here are just a hand full of pictures from the weekend.

I am going to save the story for The Pathfinder Magazine but it is safe to say that you have to be there to explain it. I have never had such an adrenaline fuelled day then what we had on Sunday 'riding' the tank.

I have heard so much about it - most of it being that it wild and dangerous with no organisation but nothing could be further from the truth. The UK could learn a lot from it, I know I did with view to Armour & Embarkation.

As far as I know we were (the Hellcat) was the only UK tank there?! The pictures speak for themselves and you will see Jim "...I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, ...."

When we went through the off road course through the woods was something worth going for alone. You would of had a job to get a Land Rover around it but we were going flat out in a 20 ton tank - down the steepest hills and up the otherside - it was out of this world and the driver (Simon) was first class, very skilled.

The convoy stopped as there was a lady giving out free beer to every......like she did when the original convoy came through during WW11 - when she was a small girl.

We had a vapour lock in the Hellcat and we had to be towed just off the road to allow everyone else to pass as we were right at the front - it was a good chance to see the rest of the vehicles go by...

You will see a picture of Jim and Mike with a try in Mon's square - there is a wonderful story behind that and you will have to read about it in The Pathfinder but it will become a tradition I am sure :cool2: ;)

There is so much that I can write but the way to sum this up is to say - no matter what event you have been tom forget, nothing has ever come close to this.

Special times - roll on Armour & Embarkation.

Picture327.jpg

Picture324.jpg

Picture337.jpg

Picture334.jpg

Picture340.jpg

Picture415.jpg

Picture365.jpg

Picture361.jpg

Picture351.jpg

Picture352.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Yin717
Right first video up - I took this whilst stood on the Hellcat as we had a vapour lock.

- see if you can spot Hanno!!

Pretty cool. Favourite parts. At the start when that tank nearly crushed that car, stupid drivers. And at about 2.40 with those kids in the back who looked as bored as anything! Looked sooooo much fun though! I really wanna get involved in one these now!

Can't see that in the middle of London. :cry:

Ah man soooo true! The again, if we had that in London were bound to crush a bush or summin. But then again, it could teach some of those drivers how to drive. lol.

Edited by Yin717