Hello from New Zealand

Barf

Hi folks, My name is Nathan Bosher, I currently work at the Royal New Zealand Air Force Museum at Wigram in Christchurch. I am the resident Safety & Surface Tech, meaning I am responsible for all our aircraft upholstory, flying clothing, life rafts, parachutes etc (thats the Safety part of the job title) and all of the aircraft /vehicle painting requirements (or 'Surface Finishing' in air force terms)

I spent 22.5 years in the RNZAF and then became a civilian defence employee when my time was up and returned to my old job.

A mate of mine collects military vehicles (and volunteers at the museum) and we have just finished building a canopy for a Lloyd Carrier (Starter & Charger version), over 150hrs of work.

Hobbies include Aviation art, land yachting, and Sled Dog Racing (we have Alaskan Malamutes) My wife, Paula, and I live on a ten acre propperty outside Christchurch and are expecting our first child in late November.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hi Nathan.

Am ex RNZAF Provo. Were the last Provo course to graduate from Wigram before they closed her down. Would be good to keep in touch as we are just up in Blenheim. Hope you are surviving all the issues at present with quake damage.

Trying to get a military history group up and running in your part of the country as it seems to be lacking a bit down there.

Send us a message and we will try and meet up next time we are down.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Welcome, althow its a bit late, you have been on a while,i got a mate who used to go to the museum often, i think he was somekind of yearly member or something,Dave Watson, i took me along once...and i always remember when i took the bus to work to cookietime that we passed the plane on the side of the road

Welcome, another New Zealander!

Hi Welcome, althow its a bit late, you have been on a while,i got a mate who used to go to the museum often, i think he was somekind of yearly member or something,Dave Watson, i took me along once...and i always remember when i took the bus to work to cookietime that we passed the plane on the side of the road
That plane is a DC3 with cookies painted on it mounted on poles (for people interested in knowing) :)

Plane outside Wigram Museum is in fact a Harvard and there is a Spitfire (fibreglass gate guardian replica made by the RNZAF) at Christchurch Airport. Both are very close to the Cookie Time Factory in Hornby. The DC3 you speak of is south of the Army Museum at Waiouru and used to be painted Yellow and Black advertising Rangitikei River Adventures.

Just some of our fun and interesting sights down here.

Have done the annual Spitfire to Harvard run for the RNZAF for too many years whilst on courses at Wigram. They called it a PT session... not flaming likely.:nono:

Where abouts do you hail from Slurr?

Edited by The Garrison