hi all also found humber pig on ebay

daveo

Hi all. i,am new to this so sorry if this is not great.

on ebay says it's a mk 2 pig but some thing looks wrong or missing

daveo

Yes Daveo you are right it does look odd. The front visors are missing & so are the hydraulic pipes & rams, so I expect the ram pumps are missing. he may still have them, but without them it loses authenticity & value.

The front cab scuttle armour is missing. It looks as if there has been some fiddling around with the wiring behind the instrument panel. The gearbox tunnel looks to have been fiddled with. The front light guards look improvised. Originally there were the mesh XPM type light boxes on the Mk 1 they continued on Mk2 until damaged then XPM was fixed between the front & the ram, not a big deal. The rear seat belts are missing, not a big deal but to find 8 sets is not easy.

I note that it has rear roof hatch opening, but can't see the hatch which I would have thought it would have as it has been raining. But the rain does make the tyres & paintwork look nice.

I would like to see a rear view to be certain there was a rear hatch as from the inside it looks as if the fittings for this are missing. There is box thing in the rear by the door, is this a mounting block for passengers? If so then maybe that is why the rear door flap is missing. Given where it is I wonder is it one of those vehicles used for trips around the hot spots of old. Given that this is summer, although I see it was raining there, its maybe odd that it hasn't been in use for 6 months during the height of the season. I would like to have seen a photo of the engine bay.

So for that price it could well be a bargain. But are the missing bits to be sold with it & would the engine run? If the engine was in good order, I would have thought the owner would have started it up to at least say it was a runner & of course the old chestnut, are the wheel stations & rear axle ok? Given that 80 pigs in NI were off the road at any one time with wheel station problems & maintenance of such things in private hands is not always up to the in service standards.

So are you hunting for a Pig or just taking a healthy interest in them, Daveo?

just taking a healthy intrest as i cant drive at the moment for all my sins. Hopefuly i will get sorted out in the near feature so i can be a proud owner of a humber pig or a landrover lightweight s2a.

clive sounds odd to say but i think a spoke to you about your shoreland at the war and peace show this year.

clive sounds odd to say but i think a spoke to you about your shoreland at the war and peace show this year.

Probably. The Shorland gets more interest than the Pig, as it looks overtly different from a Land Rover. Sad to say for many people, one Pig looks much like another.