Hi from Chris in Fife

DOG-765

Hi all just regained my taste for WW2 vehicles after being at War & Peace show through work. After trawling the net came across this site and figured as with the Airsoft forum I am on this may be a good source of info etc. No vehicle YET but am trying hard to find something sweet, so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm updating with news of aquisition. Nice WC52 or Jeep depending on what springs out of the woodwork. Will be sifting through the threads hunting wisdom and you may get sick of me asking dumb questions for a while. Just tell me to shut it if it gets too much :n00b:

Hi Chris, unless you have a burning desire for a winch, get good old plain Vanilla WC51. There are plenty of Series 3 LWB Land Rovers about as starting vehicles. The 101 is the premium Land Rover but speacking as an owner of one , you have to be out of your mind!

Hi Tony. Thanks for the reply, as for the winch it just happens to be the one that i found as there seems to be very few WC51's around.One i did see was already gone and the others a bit wrecked,apart from the renovated one in USA (which is reasonably priced but importing it could cost). Leaves the 52 which is rather tidy. Did fancy a nice jeep but the prices are a bit much for good ones and they dont hang round long. Had a couple of landies in the past so not a total beginner just been a while and WW2 stuff is a bit different.

• 2 months later...

Just to update everyone have found and purchased a Hotchkiss M201 jeep. Needs minor things done but overall nice,has been dressed to represent a ww2 Brit jeep and I know this will upset some of the more strict (if it wasn't there its not right brigade) but I love it and shall be seen frequenting the roads of Fife regularly with it -and a big smile.:D

Hi Chris

Welcome and greeting from Scotland too! Are you anywhere near Dunfermline, I have a 43 Ford GPW in desert livery of LRDG, and part own a Chevy wrecker. Our group is about to rebuild a Ford 1 1/2 ton truck as well - we run out and about the area from time to time and meet at our workshop if you are in the area drop me a line and call in for a chat- or a convoy run or two.

There is a 40s night and vehicles display on sat 7th Nov at Dunfermline British Legion -should be a good night and in period dress too.

If you fancy a trip to the desert see our website below likewise the SMVG would be glad to see you as a member too.

Regards

Gary