firing order for bedford mw

rippo

Thanks mate, firing order checked, loose ht lead found, firing on all six now. Just an hours trip home in the dark and jobs a goodun. I seem cursed to always drive this thing in the dark since i puit one headlamp on.

I put the exhaust back together with some paste but i seem to still have a blow somewhere, is it wise to retighten the front pipe once its been warm? but saying that i'm not to sure if it coming from the manifold now.

Thanks guys for all the replys. petrol pumps ok this time thanks cw, andy you can take your boots off mate, Don't get me started on the jolley box, think this'll be it last run out before the engine and box come out, how's that finger looking richard.

Edited by rippo

Thanks mate, firing order checked, loose ht lead found, firing on all six now. Just an hours trip home in the dark and jobs a goodun. I seem cursed to always drive this thing in the dark since i puit one headlamp on.

I put the exhaust back together with some paste but i seem to still have a blow somewhere, is it wise to retighten the front pipe once its been warm? but saying that i'm not to sure if it coming from the manifold now.

You can get a leak from the joint between the manifolds, that is bad news because the bolts usually shear. Yes, try nipping the pipe nuts up a bit when hot, the copper ring may squeeze up a bit better, just do not overtighten the studs.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
, think this'll be it last run out before the engine and box come out, how's that finger looking richard.

V8 Auto.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
and quickly removed before going to Beltring in case the wrath of the other Champ owners descended on him for desicrating a fine piece of Austin engineering :-D

:rofl:

Its not over till the fat lady sings.

IMGP4324.jpg

been in a shed for 25 yrs.:cool2:

hello again,

I made it home ok on thursday. But on friday it wouldn't start again!:banghead:! I was on my way to a funeral:angry, luckily a quick check of the ht leads and found the coil lead had come loose. I seem to be having lots of trouble with the ignition system. I'd love to be able to blame the jolley but i can't for the life of me explain why it's doing it, i'm using a stardard coil, but maybe the sparks to clean and it's finding every little fault. I've gone through a cap, two rotor arm, and i'm on my second coil since i put it on, plus a number of faults on the leads.

On the other hand i've not touched the engine yet. The only thing i've done is put the jolley box on. The truck was running when i bought it, and had been in use, so i decide to leave the enigine till i came back from normandy. Maybe its just the system thats on is all starting to break down.

I put the other coil on it when i got home from the funeral and it ran a lot better but the manifold gasket has started blowing :iamsmiling: so it still ran rough.

I think maybe the run to kent got the better of it, but its done all i want this year so now its time to give her some rest, and continue with the restoraton, take the engine and gearbox out and do some work on the bulkhead, and the long list of jobs i found to do but ran out of time.

I've done over 2500 miles in it since may,:drive: so i guess it's not doing to bad.

Thanks for all your help, i really appreciated it :iloveyou:.

Edited by rippo