What did you pay at W+P? (Public Camping Only)

Rick W

I was a bit gobsmacked at being charged £105 for what was in effect 1 nights camping and entry fee, with only myself and my car to support. I queried this with the W+P office today and they said that it was the right price to pay for camping for the week, wether it be one night or 5. Can anyone else post up examples of what they paid please? Thanks.

I was a bit gobsmacked at being charged £105 for what was in effect 1 nights camping and entry fee, with only myself and my car to support. I queried this with the W+P office today and they said that it was the right price to pay for camping for the week, wether it be one night or 5. Can anyone else post up examples of what they paid please? Thanks.

As an IMPS member of 2 years or more standing it cost me nothing but the transport and fuel costs.

What this will be like next year I know not as apparently the contract with IMPS that gave the free entry to members with 2 years plus membership expires this year!!!!

As an IMPS member of 2 years or more standing it cost me nothing but the transport and fuel costs.

What this will be like next year I know not as apparently the contract with IMPS that gave the free entry to members with 2 years plus membership expires this year!!!!

He's asking about public camping not MV entry...

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Ah - I stand corrected!! :)

Next year Rick - take the Champ!! :)

They were as common as muck this year,but just like a lot of members the owners couldnt be bothered to stop and chat,funny lot people :confused:

That is nothing less than daylight robbery, my retort would have been 'stick it up your Khyber' and found a decent hotel for a lot less money.

I had some friends come over from Belgium in a mini bus. they arrived on the saturday and wanted to stay for the weekend. They were quoted £65 each at the MV booking in tent with them having to leave the minibus in the car park

They then walked to the public booking in office and were charged £35 each and they could take the mini bus in set up their tents in the camp site behind the fairground

cheers

chris

then buy a cheap ex military vehicle after a couple of years going to w and p it will have paid for itself.

Buy a Parabike. You can fold it and carry it in a car, no tax or insurance. It's not going to depreciate, and you can enter it and request a support car entry as well.

Buy a Parabike. You can fold it and carry it in a car, no tax or insurance. It's not going to depreciate, and you can enter it and request a support car entry as well.

Support cars are £30 & you still need PLI even for a pushbike...

They were handing out support car passes when we arrived, and said that we should have had one given us when we entered a Parabike.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

You could put it in a transit van tow your caravan into the americas field make some attempt to cover them up,cheap holliday,simples.It sort of covers the point i made about people not really bothering,just wanting cheap entry and camping not giving anything back.This is not aimed at you just a reply.CW.

They were handing out support car passes when we arrived, and said that we should have had one given us when we entered a Parabike.

Oh dear - I never paid for the Support Vehicle this year either - and that was done on the advance booking, not on the day!! :shake: :shake: :shake:

:shocked:The question has to be asked , what were you doing in bed with Bodge:whistle:

Too much info for the mind to comprehend!

Ive queried the price with the W+P office and they are looking into it. I must say Im impressed with speed of their response, so thumbs up for that.