No off roading, RUPPs have been abolished!

fv1609

I missed this when it came into force, but it has arrived here by stealth it seems.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2006/060501a.htm

http://www.crag-uk.org//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=2

I am not into mud & destruction driving, but I have the choice of a few un-made up lanes that can be used to get to my place which is itself on a non tarmac lane. So thats the end of that then :evil:

This has been going on for years, most of the damage is caused by tractors, dirtbikes and mainly excessive use by all parties E.G. using them when wet and waterlogged, for instance the princable way a dritbike get traction is to dig down to firmmer ground rather than chugging along on the surface, yes some 4x4 users were/are less considerate etc to other users e.g. horserides and ramblers but it wasn't all of them and it takes 2 to tango.

Rambel over.

No pun intended.

Tyler.

Its a shame, but its been on the cards for a long while.

I'm surprised that the government haven't introduced a licence scheme where you can use certain designated areas after paying a fee.

A tax they haven't thought of yet........Maybe in the future!

Guest matt

Personally I am in favor of this. I live in Rural Wales and I'm sick of the damage caused by groups of idiots in four by fours who think they have the right to go anywhere they please. there have been several cases in this area of walls and gates being destroyed by off roaders trying to use foot and bridle paths,or even of them crossing open farm land.

Matt.

most of the damage is caused by dirtbikes , the princable way a dritbike get traction is to dig down to firmmer ground rather than chugging along on the surface, yes some 4x4 users were/are less considerate etc to other users e.g. horserides and ramblers but it wasn't all of them and it takes 2 to tango.

Rambel over.

No pun intended.

Tyler.

I disagree with you that most of the damage is caused by a dirt bike over a 4x4. I've used a 4x4 and I've used dirt bikes and I can tell you that the 4x4 does more damage than the bike. Yes I agree the bike digs in a little to firmer ground but so do larger heavier vehicles.