jacks embaresment

David Ives

well today jack got recognised at w&p for the contribution this forum has made to the military vehicle movement by being awarded the van somthing trophy:yay:

he was telling everyone to get to the arena for 3 as he had set up someone but the joke backfired on him:cool2:

talk about lost for words

full report from someone who can supply full details soon

well today jack got recognised at w&p for the contribution this forum has made to the military vehicle movement by being awarded the van somthing trophy:yay:

Yes, he had a very nice van. I think it was a rental one though.

This is bound to have irritated someone (or two). But if he has got the Vanderveen Trophy then it is richly deserved.

Tim (too)

Jack DID indeed get awarded the BART VANDERVEEN award at W & P on saturday,.............twas certainly a double bluff,..he'd been coaxed into the arena thinking a certain Snapper :) was going to be supprised with an award/mention, whilst all the time HE was being set up. :-D

The TOTAL shock when HIS name was announced,........he had absolutly no idea,...(along with most of us there)................hopfully there is a pic of his face when he heard his name,.....well the gum he was chewing ended up a good two foot away, when the shock hit. :rofl:

A true mark of the guy, though,...........he still says he didn't do anything to deserve it........saying WE, the forum members are the ones to make HMVF what it is, - won't accept that if He hadn't taken a chance and set the forum up, .....there would not be HMVF..........and I'm guessing most of us present at w&p wouldn't have been sitting around a campfire chewing the fat..................very much living up to

THE FRIENDLY FORUM, tag it often gets,............rightly so IMO.

NICE ONE, JACK,..............and ALL posters here;

OY, JACK,............stop polishing yer plank.........:cool2:

Andy

Having met him for the first time on Friday we found that he really is the nice bloke you always think he must be . And too modest to blow his own trumpet about what a marvellous thing he has created - I wonder if it ever crossed his mind when he set this up to try and get a bit more info on caring for his GMC how things would turn out ?

Congratulations Jack you quite rightly deserve the recognition for the idea , for the hard work , for bringing us all together here and out there on the roads and rally fields of Britain , Ireland , Europe and across the world .

I feel we all owe you a great debt .

:yay::yay::yay::bow::bow::bow::bow:

No Andy , don't think we did - my brother & I were just down for the day on Friday . Had I known what our work situation would have been I'dve been there for the week . I still have many many faces to put to names .

Will hopefully rectify that next season .

Dave.

No Andy , don't think we did - my brother & I were just down for the day on Friday . Had I known what our work situation would have been I'dve been there for the week . I still have many many faces to put to names .

Will hopefully rectify that next season .

Dave.

Next year, maybe's,.........:) think there's going to be a HMVF stockade,.........umm, I mean camping area..........:-D

:yay:congratulations:yay: to jack on reciving this award i was sat with him befor setting off to the arena and i can conferm he diant have a clue .

this can only mean better things for jack and the forum

and think of all the free advertising he got the forum ... if it starts to get crowded in here well all know y:)

i was ready to jump the barrier and put jack in the big mud bath as a celebration but thought better of it shame we couldnt have got all the hmvf members there behind jack to show people how big this forum is

i wish i could have stayed for the group photo but had to leave as was working today but thanks to all the members i met on saturday and a very special thanks to mark for helping me take all the bits id bought back to the car i owe you one mate

Totally missed the special moment Jack - Although we arrived at W & F on Tuesday and didn't go home till Sunday, I was away all day Saturday in Wiltshire for a bleeding wedding!

I must say seriously, it is very much deserved as your vision and efforts have resulted in a very different facility for MV enthuiasts to be able to openly interact within their hobbie.

I had the privilage of giving Bart Vanderveen a 12 mile ride in my Dukw back in the Spring of 1998/1999 (I forget which) when he came to our MV motor-pool on a farm in Wiltshire. He then came along to our Wiltshire Area MVT meeting the same evening and did an excellent talk about how he first became involved with MV's and how he got his first MV Directory published back in the late 1960's - A copy of which I got signed by Bart on the night and still cherish to this day.

Truly well done Jack, its a prestigious award indeed and if you look at the previous recipents, your up there amongst the big-wheels now and rightfully so! I know there have been politics and some controversy re HMVF since its founding, but although now well behind us, when you put all the BS to one side, HMVF is a very good facility and that is what i'm sure has been in the minds of the decision makers who award the Bart Vanderveen trophy annually. I'm not sure who nominated or proposed you, but good on them for putting you and HMVF forward as 'A farce to be reckoned with!!'

I must mention it in my Report for the next Windscreen.............!

Suffolk MVT Area Secretary

Edited by M5Clive

Sadly I missed the award ceremonies as I was hunting up a quailified H driver to sit in the commanders seat of the OT for the last bash at 16:00. :cry: :cry:

Good news to hear Jack got the award though - thoroughly well deserved - even if he did break the cardinal rule of owning a "Mans Truck" and arrived in a rental van.. :):):)

And the journey continues........

Will write some more tomorrow - lets just say that Saturday was so emotionaly draining.

The look on Lees and Snapper faces will be one I will never forget. I will also never forgot what Pat Ware whispered to me when he hand me the award - and I will keep that one to myself.

You'll wear it out :-D

Its where he carries it, I'm more concerned about,..........if he lets you fondle umm, I mean hold said award,..........make sure you wash your hands afterwards...........:whistle: :cool2:

Seriously, though, I was standing alongside him in arena, and as others have already said, he certainly hadn't a clue, and his supprise was TOTAL.

Having spent some time with the guy, over the course of the week,.....and barring the fact he's VERY slow in putting the kettle on :-D IMHO the award couldn't have gone to a more deserving recipient.

Methinks the various 'club' magazines will make for interesting reading, when next they are published........

Andy

FIREMAN.

Edited by LeeEnfield
added content

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I will also never forgot what Pat Ware whispered to me when he hand me the award - .

WAS IT,IT WAS VERY STRANGE IT FELT LIKE SOMEONE HAD PUT A SPELL ON US ?.

Well done and planks for the memories.:cool2: