Stalwart HMLC Gallery

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i meant was it was just parked on our road for a week nothing to do with they dowty jets. He drove it down from basingstoke because it was the amphib thing on the thames that year and he wanted to see if it worked. it floated but because it only had one jet it would'nt really go anywhere thats why it was winched into the water off a land rover.Im also trying to find pics of a friends red stalwart when he swam it to the isle of wight.Also the trip is on vhs n we hope to get it put on a dvd so hopefully post it on here soon.

Firepower Museum 2007 DSC029442.jpg

That I beleive is Lin and Dave Knapman's rather nice Mk1 (FV620) :)

Thanks for the pic's of little Maud Andy!! We'll be back in the shows next year - might even make one or two of the close of season ones if I'm lucky. Got no ic's of the rebuild though I'm afraid. If I kept trotting down to Kent to do it the wife would kill me!!! :shocked:

Edited by ArtistsRifles

What i meant was it was just parked on our road for a week nothing to do with they dowty jets. He drove it down from basingstoke because it was the amphib thing on the thames that year and he wanted to see if it worked. it floated but because it only had one jet it would'nt really go anywhere thats why it was winched into the water off a land rover.Im also trying to find pics of a friends red stalwart when he swam it to the isle of wight.Also the trip is on vhs n we hope to get it put on a dvd so hopefully post it on here soon.

Unless you want speed a lack of Dowtys for water propulsion shouldn't stop you - a Stalwart should manage 2 Knots using road wheels alone. Book also says 4 knots on Dowtys, 6 knots on Dowty's + road wheels.

If that was when the PLUTO show at Lepe was on, I saw it. It got stuck on the groin when coming up the beach too :cool2:

OOOOHHH sounds very painfull :shake:, sure it wasn`t one of the groyne`s normally found on beaches.

Ashley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Dont let the envirament agency see these pics ,there are bylaws covering washing vehicles in the river.How much was the one day licence.

bellweir0001.jpg

HELLO ELLO ELLO WHATS GOIN ON HERE>