Selling Old Spec early Bren

Chris Hall

I’ve been out of the loop regarding deacs since the EU law came in and I’ve got a few early Brens to move on (I don’t want to but I’ve got to make some space). Does anyone know if now the UK are leaving the EU, we can sell old spec deacs? I heard that the initial thought was that we could but then we couldn’t but I’ve seen lots for sale openly so I really don’t know. It’s another stupid rule to try and follow.

8 hours ago, Chris Hall said:Does anyone know if now the UK are leaving the EU, we can sell old spec deacs? I heard that the initial thought was that we could but then we couldn’t but I’ve seen lots for sale openly so I really don’t know. It’s another stupid rule to try and follow.

The law concerned was modified last year by an SI so that it changed from ‘in the EU’ to ‘in the UK’. The UK left the EU in January and that is the current law.

However, in the real world it is a bit of a dead letter as regards private sales and is being widely ignored. I also don’t know whether it has been tested in court: as it stands, someone could spend six months in prison because they had sold an irreversibly gun because it had been irreversibly deactivated in the wrong irreversible way.

1 hour ago, paulpanagi@gmail.com said:

Hi Chris,    I am very interested in buy all your UK Spec Bren guns and any other UK Spec deacts you have .  I can pick up anywhere .   My contact number is 07749134810  

Regards Paul

Very suspicious indeed !