Replacement deacts certs..

Jack

Question

Jack,

there's been quite a bit of discussion about this on the WW2 Forum & the answer is NO.. you must re-submit the weapon for inspection, if it's an old spec gun it will have to have further deactivation work done to it to bring it up to current standards before they will issue a new cert.. But.. a deac cert is not a legal requirement... just make sure all the deac proof marks are legible..

what kind of guns are we talking about,..........or rather, whats your mate :whistle: got.

Poss differing locations in respect of different weapon.

On a LeeEnfield No4 rifle, for example, numbers are stamped on metalwork of breech.

I'll let you know where they are stamped on Bren, when it arrives, monday.

Andy

Karl and Jack

You can let your mate's know that there should be markings on the breech/main body of the gun and also on the bolt. There are possibly several marks on the main body as some proof houses mark where every bit of deactivation work has been carried out, so all in all there is no hard and fast rule as to position.

The example pictures are from my old spec M1 Carbine and show the mark on the bolt and on the body near the rear sight.

width=640 height=480http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/Daemon1/MVC-415S.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/Daemon1/MVC-416S.jpg[/img]

Hope this helps your mate's out

now then chaps,

if your mates :whistle: had the foresight of a female they would have photocopied the certs a couple of times, laminated 1 copy, put 1 copy in the truck and the original in the household filing system ( with birth certs passports etc))

this may be an idea for any other certs before your mates :whistle: lose any more

:angel:

berni

now then chaps,

if your mates :whistle: had the foresight of a female they would have photocopied the certs a couple of times, laminated 1 copy, put 1 copy in the truck and the original in the household filing system ( with birth certs passports etc))

this may be an idea for any other certs before your mates :whistle: lose any more

berni

:yay:...........always knew I was in touch with my 'femine side',....... :whistle:

hehehehehehehe,

Andy

now then chaps,

berni

great tip Berni! I will remember, I mean I will remember to pass that on to my mate and umm Dave.....can't believe that they would be so stupid as to 'misplace' two certs :whistle:

I belive you can get a proof house to re-certify them for a small price too.

Yes but if you take an old spec gun in to be re-proofed it will not pass, all weapons submitted must be to current specs..

I thought as much :roll:

<REMOVED>

Aye,............ :roll: Hopfully not !!

Apart from committing a crime, "forging a de-activation certificate could constitute an offence under the forgery and counterfeiting act 1981", copied from my de-ac cert for Lee Enfield, and Bren,................, if the person, so doing this was caught,and found out, could well re ignite the smouldering ashes of the VCR bill. :shake:

NOT something, I'd have thought, ANY of us would want to see........... :whistle:

You used to be able to get a duplicate certificate for £25 as long as you knew the certificate number. I know because I lost for a while the certificates for my quad Polsten, which would have been expensive!

The best thing would be to telephone Birmingham Proof House.