Austin K9 restoration.

Billruston

hello every one, going to post a few pictures of my k9, had her for around 7 months, nearly finished but the weather kept us of her for around to and a half months.

i really do prefer ww2 vehichles, but we ended up with this old girl, there wasent really anything missing from it, the engine runs fine etc, theres been abit of rot we have welded and the next step is to get the brakes working and spayed all in time for w&p bills pictures 404.jpg:-D

bills pictures 063.jpg

bills pictures 066.jpg

bills pictures 068.jpg

bills pictures 069.jpg

bills pictures 308.jpg

bills pictures 311.jpg

bills pictures 077.jpg

bills pictures 316.jpg

bills pictures 317.jpg

bills pictures 320.jpg

bills pictures 147.jpg

bills pictures 387.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

had the wheel hubs of, everythimg seems ok, but the brake cylinders are seezed, leeving them submerged in brake fluid for a few days, ive tried a few places to buy new brake cylinders but no luck, so buying a brake cylinder repair kit.

got the inside of the cab, and roof ready for spraying. so the inside of the cabs deep bronze green!:shocked:.

thanks bill.

chunkys pics 676.jpg

chunkys pics 663.jpg

chunkys pics 665.jpg

chunkys pics 666.jpg

chunkys pics 669.jpg

chunkys pics 670.jpg

chunkys pics 671.jpg

chunkys pics 673.jpg

chunkys pics 674.jpg

chunkys pics 675.jpg

While you are sorting the fuel pump , do yourself a favour and fit an electric pump at the tank as well , as these have a nasty habbit of vapour locking in the mech pump , especially if you leave them idling when hot , or are doing stop start on a hot day . You just use the elec pump when you need to . I operated several of these as recovery vehicles , and found out the hard way . HTSH;)

ps when doing the wheel cylinders i suggest that you get them stainless steel re sleeved, save you hassle in the future

Edited by tacr2man

chunkys pics 701.jpgAll green!

very happy with the outcome, we sprayed saturday and took a chance as the weather looked asif it was going to rain and with the paint and activator costing £250 i couldent afford it to go all wrong:undecided: all spayed in about an how top to bottom diff to diff! now its time to start putting things back on i.e the seats number plates etc (the fun part) the problams still with the brakes, we bought a brake cylinder repair kit but still need some bits so had to order and wait again, once the brakes are done ill be looking for some 900x20 bargrip tyers, if any one no's or has any for sale please give me a pm, if not ill have to go w&p with the old tyers they dont seem in bad nick but traveling 90 miles there then 90 miles back, there abit cracked and they will get hot. hopefully should be taking it out next week or the week after for the first drive.

bill.

chunkys pics 694.jpg

chunkys pics 695.jpg

chunkys pics 702.jpg

chunkys pics 697.jpg

chunkys pics 703.jpg

chunkys pics 696.jpg

chunkys pics 704.jpg

if not ill have to go w&p with the old tyers they dont seem in bad nick but traveling 90 miles there then 90 miles back, there abit cracked and they will get hot.

Never take a chance with cracked tyres.. as well as being potentially dangerous they may earn you 3 points per tyre.. I've seen the result of an old cracked tyre failing :wow: