UK Tanks head for Germany as the surplus is relocated

Rick W

Tony I had two Allagro's when I was a Yoof ! Front ball joint sheared off in the middle of the night in Woolwich just after I had driven through Blackwall tunnel ! Leaving me stuck with three wheels on my wagon ! Got the bus home , woke Dad up to let him know the car was stuck thinking we'd get it recovered in the morning ! No way , I had a spare front hub in the shed and we are going to fit it now ! Dad gets dressed , drives me to Woolwich helps me to replace the hub in the road then drives back home to bed with me following behind in his wake ! That is just one of the reasons I love him so much ! Thanks Dad !

I'm sure Jack banned all mention of Austin Maxis on here a long while ago :readpaper::D

Hey we had one of those when I was about 6ish - can even remember the reg - VOY 741M and no NOS - you can't bring yours to A&E........

Sorry - back on topic now!

Apologies. I was commenting after over 40 years dealing with politicians and self serving officers in local government. Perhaps more of us should have challenged each stupid policy they presented for implementation. Sorry if I pointed at the wrong target but someone must be producing these ideas like sending our tanks to Germany and others making it work?

Graham, apology accepted. I'll PM you later so we can rant together:argh: in private about some of the crap policies out there that make ourblood boil :)

Kind regards

Ian

Surely there must be some redundant airfields in the country with hangers that can be converted?

With the Harriers going, and all the other cutbacks there really should be somewhere these vehicles can be stored. The cost of the movement must be huge compared with the modification of an already secure airfield somewhere?

Alconbury springs to mind. the Americans left some years ago but istr reading that the base is maintained because it is of historical interest.

I don't know about climate-controlled hangars, but I believe any hangar suitable for SR71s ought to be suitable for CR2s.