Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake dodge WC51/52

Default Re: Brake dodge WC51/52

Hello Pete,
    thanks for the advice. I just did a testrun and same hasle. Yesterday adjusted the brake clearence as adviced into 3.5 inch. Checked the left front wheel and it turns freely even after braking. After todays testrun i have the feeling that the piston is not returning completely into the rest possition and by this keeping the lines pressurised. What i will do now is adjust all brakes so the wheels will turn freely and see if i can open those vent holes.
    But give me some time i'm verry bussy at this moment

2. Advertisement

Hello to all,
    finaly found time to check the brake system again. I have removed the master brake cyl. checked the wholes, as mention before. When i did the revision there was also a rubber ring delivered to be put at the end, where the push rod is comming true. Since all the openings where free i had the feeling that the piston could not return completely to the rest possition and due to that one of the openings where half blocked. I have taken out that rubber ring re-installed the brake cyl. Adjusted all the clearens on the brake shoes. For now it looks good, still some air in the system but that will be gone when i have more brake fluid. Was running out of it. When i brake now and release the brakes the wheels are turning straight away freely.
    Hopefully it will be fine now. Thanks to all for helping out with ideas and suggestions.
    Bram

Thumbs up Re: Brake dodge WC51/52

Looks like you have got the problem sorted

thanks for coming back and letting us know the outcome it's useful to for all of us on HMVF as it helps to track down problems and remedies that we may encounter.

Pete
    Pete Ashby MVT No555

Vehicles owned: Leyland Retriever - Dodge D15 water tanker -1942 GPW.

Vehicles previously owned: Ford GPW - Willys MB - 11 cab Ford F8 FFW - Dodge WC52
    Dodge D3/4APT T236 - GMC 353 - Chevrolet 12 cab C15A - Chevrolet 11 cab C15A - 109 FFW Land Rover- Chevrolet 12 cab C60s LAA

When the work they work well. When they don't AHHHHH!
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

They only thing i wonder is that if the piston is comming back to the rest postion whitout the rubber seal it might be damaged after i while. Maybe i will cut of a small part of the rubber and install it.

Of course it is normal to give a feed back. We all need info to attack the issues comming with these old vehicles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information