Over Engineered

Topdog

I have just had to change the gear lever centre spring on the Ferret. Everything seems to be over engineered - apart from the spring. I'm sure half a ton could be removed from the operating weight if they tried. If only the spring had been twice the thickness it would have been fine.

Also, it's like a Lotus in many ways. The bit you need to repair cannot be removed until half a dozen other pieces have come out first.

I have just had to change the gear lever centre spring on the Ferret. Everything seems to be over engineered - apart from the spring. I'm sure half a ton could be removed from the operating weight if they tried. If only the spring had been twice the thickness it would have been fine.

Also, it's like a Lotus in many ways. The bit you need to repair cannot be removed until half a dozen other pieces have come out first.

So we have the complexity of the Lotus but certainly not Colin Chapman's habit of engineering 'on the limit'. I am sure he would have taken a Ton out of the Ferret!:shocked: