Petrol Price

woa2

Unfortunately staging protests, such as the 2000 Petrol Protest, will only get you in legal deep doo doo, i.e. motorway go slows, and blockading refineries. The government then argues that the taxes are going into projects for the public, such as schools, hospitals and making things greener, and if you are protesting, then you are an individual with a self interest, and not representative of the majority, anyway the oil companies are to blame if the global price of oil goes up, and that has nothing to do with Government control etc.

How you come up with a credible stand, that doesnt break the plethora of laws or make you look like a greedy self centered destroyer of the environment, is a tough one.

It didn't do the leader of the 2000 protest much harm.......he's now a member of the Welsh Assembly.....and with all the hot air that comes out of there they must be contributing to Global warming at an alarming rate........cynical.......moi???:rofl:

This is probably too political but I thought that the price fluctuations were more related to the speculators playing their games with the commodities markets than governmental influences - the government just gets to reap the benefit from the increased percentages of tax they receive as the pump price rises .

As for protesting - the public lost any influence whatsoever they might once have posessed when the Thatcher administration stopped the police being our employees and answerable to us and made them another arm of state enforcement .

This is probably too political but I thought that the price fluctuations were more related to the speculators playing their games with the commodities markets than governmental influences - the government just gets to reap the benefit from the increased percentages of tax they receive as the pump price rises .

You are quite correct and Governments could put a stop to it quite easily but won't for the reason you say.:argh:

Friday night on our forecourt; both petrol and diesel were 99.9.

A while ago I was pleased that unleaded was roughly 10p a litre cheaper than diesel as my car is petrol. Obviously us petrol users have had to bear the cost of price increases to keep the price of diesel down. Still no apparent price reductions in the shops though. :-\

Friday night on our forecourt; both petrol and diesel were 99.9.

A while ago I was pleased that unleaded was roughly 10p a litre cheaper than diesel as my car is petrol. Obviously us petrol users have had to bear the cost of price increases to keep the price of diesel down. Still no apparent price reductions in the shops though. :-\

As diesel is cheaper to produce than petrol it rather defeats your point of view. What it needs is the speculators to 'catch a cold' as they did with property for the pump prices to reflect the true cost.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Unfortunately staging protests, such as the 2000 Petrol Protest, will only get you in legal deep doo doo, i.e. motorway go slows, and blockading .

all the laws were brought in behind our backs.Funny how it works in France but doesnt here,i will tell you why it doesnt here

Not enough people have got the guts to do it.Direct action is the only way.

The problem with a democracy is too much talking not enough action.

We are letting the vets and all those who never came back down in a big way by not maintainng our freedoms.I have here a letter from Heir hitler.talking ,whot did that achieve.Whot got rid of him ,action.

how many so called terrorists in the past became Primeministers or Leaders of there countrys quite a few,action.How the hell have we got the cheek to be interfering in other peoples countrys under the guise of freedom and democracy when we dont have it ourselves.Think i will pop over to france in my boat this wk end if its nice,oh bugger forgot i havnt logged in with the government two weeks before to tell them when,how many, and when returning.pop over in the champ,oh bugger havnt got the export licence.dont make me laugh.:rofl:its to late everyones all rolled over.

i know vets who shake there heads and wonder why they bothered ,god bless em.Another member who works in the industry has allready told us what to do,it all relies on a smooth flow.Everyone doesnt buy for a day and the system goes to pot .They lose the storage so ships at sea the lot goes into freefall,the way out cut the price to get the space back.Simples.:idea::argh:

I'm with you CW, if you try to discuss anything on the street with any of the politicians, having discovered that you can't be talked down to or shouted down they promptly jump into a car and are driven away at high speed:argh:

At times like this I am reminded of a saying much loved by my Dad - "The only good politician is one who looks at flowers - from under the roots".

Why do we have such harsh firearm controls - to keep crime down? No.

To stop the public getting certain ideas along the lines of dads saying - probably Yes!!