Military Manoeuvres Conwy

Some pics of this weekends show. Enjoy. Oh and in case anybody asks it is a genuine Kubel, imported from Austria as a basket case and completely restored by a mate of mine.

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 001.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 002.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 003.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 004.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 005.jpg

Edited by Degsy

Last few, one of these shows old wooden cross country skis,ski poles and snow shoes on top of 1956 Volvo radio car. The Green Godess is owned by a family from Llanberis who have had 3 generations serving in the Fire Brigade.

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 041.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 042.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 043.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 044.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 4.7.2009 045.jpg

Edited by Degsy

A great looking group , a bit of everything there and good weather to enjoy all of it .

Yes, very good turn out for a new show, held at a touring caravan park so superb permanent facilities and a great setting in the Conwy valley overlooking the river.The owner of the site owns a number of vehicles and has also set up a demo area, hopefully will get some pics of this later today and post tonight.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Looks like a great place,thanks for pics.i notice you have sprites as well:shocked::-D

Just returned from another superb day at the show. Although heavy showers were expected it has been hot and sunny until the show closed. It is now p---ing down.:-D Missed most of the battle due to the announced timings being wrong but the bit I saw was good but coudn't get pics.:argh:

Pic of a Champ that Clive may recognise, belongs to Dave from Wilmslow

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 5.7.2009 001.jpg

Pics of Tom Buckley with his 2 Matadors which still earn their keep as winching vehicles in Tom's crane hire business.

Some of you may know of Tom, close to 80 years young still working full time in the business and one of the great characters of this world.

Tom first used Matadors in the Army and has owned them pretty well ever since, what he doesn't know about them isn't worth knowing.

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 5.7.2009 002.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 5.7.2009 003.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 5.7.2009 004.jpg

Military Manoeuvres Conwy 5.7.2009 005.jpg

Edited by Degsy

Thanks for the reply,

Do you have much information on this?

Would be interested to see if this was a viable way to run a military vehicle?

E.g. how much money saving is to be had? - If its 3 MPG now, what was he getting before?

Edited by JoelH

Thanks for the reply,

Do you have much information on this?

Would be interested to see if this was a viable way to run a military vehicle?

E.g. how much money saving is to be had? - If its 3 MPG now, what was he getting before?

Probably something similar in terms of MPG, Artists Rifles (Neil) would be better able to answer this but gas is more than 50% cheaper than petrol.

What is the box and hoses attached to the Volvo?

By the time I got to talk to the owner late yesterday evening I'd forgotten about that:embarrassed: but I think Richard is probably right:-D