Bovington Tankfest 2009.

I was working the weekend, but managed to snap a sum total of 3 pictures. I have uploaded them and here they are:

picture.php?albumid=142&pictureid=1561

picture.php?albumid=142&pictureid=1562

picture.php?albumid=142&pictureid=1563

Those are just a few of the exhibits and displays, the A7V was amazing, managed to talk with a few of the gentlemen that helped Bob build it. It was built from Marine Ply, coated in resin (you would have thought it was metal).

My drive went off without a hitch in Leopard. We even had the opportunity on the Saturday afternoon to show people inside. People are amazed how cramped the interior of a MBT is, even though the Leopard is more spacious than Cheiftain.

The Tiger was amazing, and the Stug which had only been unveiled on the Friday performed amazingly. Another amazing restoration from the SDKFZ foundation.

The Tank Museum is well worth a visit, especially with the summer events that they run. Details of tanks in action displays can be found on the museums website:

http://www.tankmuseum.org/

Please add your photos, P.s. Jack I saw you and your GMC but you where busy talking at the time :)

A7V looks okay, ......from the base of the hull/body upwards,..... the real ones had 2 'track bogeys' on each side, so the single ones on the replica kind of spoil things a little. but yes it is convincing enough for re-enactment I suppose....

. Mark, Jack stole my pass.

Snapper - Tony bullied me into having the pass - he begged me to take it. It got all rather embarrassing..............:coffee:

- Tony, the pass is now hang on my office wall :iloveyou:

That second photo, a vetran gunner and I were talking baout 25 pounders, the max rate of fire is supposedly eight rounds a minute. he told me then when you see a Panzer over open sights the rate of fire goes up considerably. Seeing that picture I now understand exactaly what he meant!:shake:

Right here we are Big Al, sorry I was away the past three days.

Note: These are Big Al's photos not mine :), all credit to him.

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1582

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1581

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1579

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1578

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1577

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1576

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1575

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1574

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1573

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1572

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1571

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1570

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1569

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1568

Thanks, FB

Edited: Added some more Photo's of me driving Leopard. These also aren't my own photos.

picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1585

picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1584

picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1583

Edited by JoelH
Added Leopard Pictures