Hello from Devon

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again! It does seem to be in good condition, but I dare say further investigation will reveal the shocking truth.... I fully intend to start restoration immediatley, I have 9000 free range chickens so theres a few eggs to collect first. Silaging is all done and its raining so I wont be out on the bike!

Rust seems confined to door bottoms and around the rear quarters of the cab, time to brush up on my tig welding skills? If I could get it running it would keep my mind at rest. At least I could drive it in and out of the barn when the telehandler needs to come out, and I wouldnt be worried about the rain making the old girl disintegrate any more.

Please feel free to badger me about progress, I'm determined to get it on the road for the Holsworthy vintage rally next year!

The only thing that is still puzzling me is that my wife seems strangely non angry about this purchase....:confused:

She is just waiting untill you are not looking........... be warned.

She is just waiting untill you are not looking........... be warned.

Its worth mentioning that we were equiped with this model Commer truck when they were new, in the fifties, I served in a REME workshops (Armoured) in Germany 1956 - 1958. These trucks were very well built and nice to drive, most people tend to rush a restoration in order to complete things for a particular show or date.... dont make that mistake, patience is the name of the game, you will only sit and think, I wish that I had done that particular thing that is now bugging me. I know, I did it!!!!! but I did learn to be patient and do the job right.............. welcome to the forum. Full of friendly and knowledgeable people.:wave: