On the Landing Craft, OK Ferry...

Picture116.jpg

We had some of these

007cf6c7.jpg

We had a lot of this

561e506e.jpg

:?: :?:

a4678389.jpg

That's better, found a suitable replacement.

canteen.jpg

Stan's Cafe

f80d7aa1.jpg

Trip home

f31e8950.jpg

Oh dear..

78ff4230.jpg

It's Ok one of them was an ex-Fox Driver..

The end..

Quote Colin. OK sonny you're nicked, take the keys out of the ignition and step carefully out of the car. OUR tactical firearms unit has you covered from about 2 miles away!

Seriously though. Hope it was nothing serious and you all got home safely. It was great meeting up with you all this weekend and we hope to see you at the Fort next weekend.

The little para took the CanadianScottish prize for "best dressed re-enactor of the weekend". We gave him our two dashboard grenade stage props to add to his kit. Somebody ought to adopt him as their official mascot!

Steve & Robbie.

Seriously though. Hope it was nothing serious and you all got home safely. It was great meeting up with you all this weekend and we hope to see you at the Fort next weekend.

78ff4230.jpg

It's ok, it was nothing to do with the Fox back firing next to a bus stop full of Iraqis who all dived for cover, made my day :lol: :lol:

Now Now Sean

You did agree to come with no coersion on our part no matter how shifty we were :twisted:

Was it something to do with the smooth talking that Lee kept giving you :roll:

Will be good to see you in May might try and get some air targets for the Rapier if you are very very good :wink:

Now Now Sean

You did agree to come with no coersion on our part no matter how shifty we were :twisted:

Was it something to do with the smooth talking that Lee kept giving you :roll:

Will be good to see you in May might try and get some air targets for the Rapier if you are very very good :wink:

I think it was the offer of free grub that did it..

• 3 years later...

Gawd is it 3 years ago that the invasion happened, I was there for it, dammed good weekend. Any chance of a repeat next year as it looks like there wont be a MV event next year, due to Mike Buckley's departure from the scene earlier this year.

I actually had the museums sandy Chevvy quad and limber waiting for the guys to arrive as they had lost one of theirs suddenly, you can just see the top of it on the firing photo, and I can confirm that the 4.2" mortar was returned to its display slot. I also managed to video the news item and lent the tape to the garrison guys, Still waiting for it back.

If you come down now and look to B10 ( clock and black tin roof) from accademy, the clock cupola has gone, knocked down by a crane, but due to be replaced. The black tin has been totally removed so only the original 1726 walls remain within which have now been built 2 5 story blocks of flats in battleship Gray, Bloody Awful.

Museum currently looking for 60 volunteers to keep it running so if anone fairly local is interested contact jennyb@firepower.org.uk and put your name forward, perhaps then we can get a refurbishment centre for the guns and vehicles set up like duxford

Edited by alan turner (RIP)
errors