Libya / Unknown Ford-Wreck

Kuno

Colleagues; it was back in2003 when friends of mine found shown wreckage of a Ford in the Libyan Desert near Jebel Uwenat. Unfortunately - for me- their main interest was not such wreckages but rock-paintings of the period of some thousands years back...

Again unfortunately, until today nobody could tell me the type (and the owner) of this vehicle. Not in any of the fora I posted it before I found this place here.

May I ask the same question again to you: Does anybody know this Ford?

FordChassis.jpg

FordFrontAxle.jpg

FordMudguard.jpg

FordWreck.jpg

I fear it is not that type. The frontgrille is a different one.

---

particular vehicle in your photo is Major Clayton's truck. Photographed just before the famous 'Murzuk Raid'. This truck was captured during the "Incident at Jebel Sherif" by th Italians.

Kuno

I wonder if it may be one of the locally purchased ones (in 1940) from Cairo that were used as a heavy staff and/or patrol car. I have seen a photo of the grille before and will try to locate which vehicle it came off

gary

It is by pure accident that I had watched a DvD last night and found this truck. Actually it could be one of the pilot trucks of the type Ford V8.01 (as Clayton's 'Te Rangi') but somehow the nose looks different. Could this be the same type as shown in the wreck pictures?

What Type of  Ford 2.jpg