New Member in Canterbury

Hi Lee, and everyone on HMVF

Many thanks for your welcome. Not sure whether I should reply to you or where. My name is Tim Hewitt form Canterbury, Kent. I've been involved in Military vehicles for probably 30 years. I was at the founding meeting of IMPS and joined then. Great time in the early days with many of the faces still around. I can remember having many great times with friends like Nigel Hay, Rex and Rod, Peter's both Skelton and Birch, Jim Baxter, etc. the names are endless of the fantastic people in our hobby, all of whom willingly help each other. I have had, and restored many vehicles over the years, but I tend to stick to WW2 vehicles. I have had several Jeeps, an ambulance half-track, White Scout Car, Morris C8, Dodge Weapons Carrier, a couple of british DR bikes. I currently have a GPW, 2x Bedford QL, Dodge 1/2 ton Weapons Carrier, and an M5 International High Speed tractor. So one or two thing to keep me busy. I spent some time as IMPS East Kent Secretary before having to give that up due to work commitments and then handing over to Malcolm Dunlop. A few years ago myself and some other enthusiasts formed MILIKENT to go to Normandy in 2004. Since than we have done tours to Arnhem, The Somme and Monte Cassino. The MILIKENT boys have been seen at all the best events, and we enjoy sharing our vehicles with veterans wherever we can. Currently we are looking forward to the IMPS 65th Anniversary Normandy tour in a couple of weeks, so I need to stop rambling and get on with finishing the vehicle we need to take. All the best for a great site and wish all members Happy Green Machining.