Flsher Unit

Simon Daymond

Question

5 answers to this question

Is the Militant 24V?

Do you have a hazard switch?

Negative earth?

Towing trailer?

The flasher unit goes between ign switch and indicator switch. Wiring varies with unit, but typical numbers on flasher unit terminals might be:

49 feed from ign switch

49a feed out to indicator switch (or hazard sw)

31 earth

Lots of choice out there. For the Autocar (24v, towing a trailer) I'm using a combination of Durite 0-744-45 flasher unit with a Hella 6HF 001 579-052 Hazard switch (hidden under a U.S. dash lamp dome :-D) Once you get the 2 wiring diagrams for these units it all makes sense! I hope it works ok....:shake:

Militant is 24v, no hazard switch, is negative earth, and will hopefully tow a trailer someday.

The indicator switch is on a square box, on top of which is mounted the warning light for the vehicle indicators, along with one for the trailer. The cylindrical flasher can is mounted inside. I tried to wire another flasher unit up, but quite frankly I didn't have a clue, the unit was second hand, but only had the markings C1, C2 and W1 on the bottom. I don't know whether the unit is U/S or if I simply hadn't wired it up properly.

Edited by Simon Daymond