Airfield Construction Branch

antarmike

How about the photos of Pat Honey at work - would they be from the right period? I seem to remember the series of articles in one of the vintage truck mags had plenty of operators in view, but can't lay my hands on them at the moment.

Isn't there a ACB website with his pics - I believe you put the link up for it a while ago??

How about the photos of Pat Honey at work - would they be from the right period? I seem to remember the series of articles in one of the vintage truck mags had plenty of operators in view, but can't lay my hands on them at the moment.

Isn't there a ACB website with his pics - I believe you put the link up for it a while ago??

Yes he runs a website, but I was hoping someone might point me to something suitable, for sale.....

Mike a one piece boiler suit, sometimes called denims, overalls or coveralls. depending what trade you were !! at that time some had big rubber buttons some had big brass press studs, some were green some were dark blue/grey. In those days they weren't on personal issue you just signed them out of section stores, on laundry day you swapped them for a pair that was the nearest fit. Of course many people just wore their battledress I had a leather jerkin all the time I was at Scampton , Commando boots with the screw on sole worn believe it or not with white seaboot socks that was up to sept 1970. No fancy gourtex in those days . WE also had a blanket lined parka some were green some were blue grey. they were 3/4 length, but they were like gold, they were a poor man's version of the cold weather p[arka worn by the multiseat aircraft aircrew.

. By the way the denims (overall coveralls) had a collar and fastened at both the cuff and ankle. unlike the WW2 type which had no collar and normally had no cuff or ankle fastening.

TED