What does D OF Q stand for?

gung

Question

Yes, i´m stupid - most of u will probably know.....

Written on nearly all NSN Stock stickers for new materials

bastian

6 answers to this question

Denomination of Quantity I hope the spelling is correct.

If you say order a tyre the D of Q would normally be one . so if you had 10 tyres in stock, your computer system or stores ledger would show 10 (D of Q =one).

If you had 500 half inch whit bolts they would be in say packets of 5. there fore the Dof Q is 5 . So the relevant NSN would refer to a packet of 5 your stock would show as 100 which is 100 packets of 5 =500.

I hope that is clear

TED

Yes, I know about D of Q. I used to run the archive on a Computer system and these ran on expensive Optical disks, which had to run daily or the disks filled up. The company stores held my supply, 3 boxes of 10 disks (D of Q=10). I used to order a box at a time, about once a week. A new stores manager took over and decided that it should be 3 disks only, but didn't tell anyone. I put my usual order of a box of 10 disks through and was told that it couldn't be supplied. My reply was that the entire telephone reporting system on the Vodafone network was about to stop unless I had the disks the next day. They changed the D of Q very rapidly.