re- rubbering tank wheel

paulob1

Question

9 answers to this question

I think for reasons of cost most people look to obtain new old stock or second hand wheels.

Have you tried searching for `vulcanizers' local firms that repair truck tyres may be able to help. Tend to be quite cheap.

If it's really shot and really rare you may be better looking for a manufacturer of conveyor wheels, they may do something similar, and be able to repair yours.

does anyone know who does this and an idea of the cost...

Try Godden Engineering on 01732 844072, they are based in East Malling, Kent, they send away rollers at our works and get them re-rubberd for some of our machines, the stuff they use to re-cover is road rubber, so they might be able to help.

Ask for Gary Drake.

Paul,

If it's wheels for your 432 you're after they shouldn't be too hard to get hold of.

As a variant of the vehicle is still in military service they should still be being produced for quite a few years yet. The British army are probably using quite a few at the moment.

There will be lots of 432 wheels about for a long time yet, new ones do come through the sales. Even if it means buying take offs it will be much cheaper than having them refurbished.

I read somewhere that during the invasion of Iraq they were changing at least one wheel per vehicle per day, so you can imagine how many wheels they were making in 2003.

Chris

yes got you, I will keep getting them via sales...I am assuming that if I have say two or three spares stuck to the vehicle if i take her out on the road that should be enough...I have never worked with tracks before and am very wary of them....(apart from my JC130 but that only does slow and very slow)

I have a lot to learn, am looking forward to meeting some of you lot on salisbury plain....