names

berni

I think you are getting a bit confused Jack,Wot no...... was Chad not Kilroy

and the drawing that accompanied the words was two hands gripping the top of a wall with the top of a head ,two eyes and a nose peering over the top of the wall. Kilroy was 'ere was a different character. :wink:

Good point Degsy 8)

.........Kilroy was American and Chad was British 8) 8)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

How about 'OWELL' in 'Owell it's brocken down again' :-D I know OYs were named because OY isn't working this time. My Dodge is named after my mother 'Ruby Baby' just before she died we had a conversation and she said to me 'When everything is sorted out, don't save all the money, buy something you have always wanted.' The ambulance is called 'Elusive Lady' as she always has elusive reasons why she isn't working.

I wondered if we could continue this thread asking each member what the nickname of their vehicle was , if it was on the vehicle or their pick?

I was just about to start a thread something along these lines , but it might be appropriate to expand this one now?

I wondered what everyones view was on Names / Vehicle Art?

Does it spoil a MV?

I'd be particularly interested in the views of folks outside the UK, as I get the feeling we major on it over here. Is it widespread in other parts of Europe for example?

My jimmy is Lindy Lou with a pin-up, that's how she came home and that's how she stays! I am currently looking for appropriate artwork/names for the others.

Art or No Art is a personal thing I know, but do give us your view.

I happen to think that art can look great so long as it's not overdone. OK there is no evidence that it was widespread practice but it does give MV and owner that extra bond. But not on all vehicles - having a problem with the M6 bomb truck, anything just seems to be too much for some reason......

Interesting that there is less post war mv art - is this because a lot of owners had a connection with the forces, so keep things a bit more "as they were"?

I enjoy coming across names / art with a hint of humour!

Here's a sample of WW2 art - unusual, but well executed and my favourite from Beltring this year