names

berni

The Jimmy will be painted shortly & I'd like to give him a name.

Is there a list somewhere of nicknames that have been used so far .

What nicknames have you used ?

i don't want to copy anyone else so please feel free to post.

cheers

berni

Hope thats not short as in 4 letters :D

Said before - I always wanted a DUKW - but they're out of my price range now so have resorted to plan B - the Stalwart.

Was after on so badly I even tried to get the one that was advertised on MilWeb a few months ago that was up for auction in Australia. had a couple of friends from the old days who now live down there check her out and get shipping details as well as sanction from DVAL and the Revenue people. Alas another Oz collector pushed the price beyond mine :cry:

Ah well - maybe Stalwarts and I are fated - daughter has already named whatever one we get - she's picked Maude. after "Mouldy Maude" a caricature of my old Regt's cap badge in the 1930's

oh dear you guys,

you made me laugh :lol:

going on the theory that many vehicles were named after memories of back home / family I thought i would name the Jimmy after my dear Husband Russ. The name that seems to stick is 'WINDY'.

cheers

berni

I had a WC 52 which for a short while I called "section 8".

I got called up for the Army in 1989 and effectively was there for some 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 weeks.

When I told that most people asked if I got Section 8 so I thought it was apropriate...

I think you are getting a bit confused Jack,Wot no...... was Chad not Kilroy

and the drawing that accompanied the words was two hands gripping the top of a wall with the top of a head ,two eyes and a nose peering over the top of the wall. Kilroy was 'ere was a different character. :wink: