mk 2 humber pig

riddlestolly

Hi all, just bought this humber mk2 pig today and want to find out as much as poss about it. The front bonnet has a lovely badge of the regiment on it and the army no. is 32 bk 39 chassis no. 33239 .

Hope this was a good buy at £400.00

can anyone help!pig3100.jpg

pig3097.jpg

pig004.jpg

pig3110.jpg

have'nt tried as she had no battries but the bloke put her a barn 6 + years ago and she run lovely so once i get her back a clean out of fuel and new battries and hopefully she will start but also been told they are good runners

lee what battries are the best for the pig

32 BK 39

Contract No. 6/V/27455

FV1602 (ie FFW GS Truck)

Engine No. 8756

Delivered to 31st ‘B’ Vehicle Depot Church Broughton

Receipt Voucher No. CBR/R/463

Converted to FV1612 1958-60

Struck off BAOR 19/9/69

Recovered to 32 Central Workshops (Bicester) 18/10/72

Converted to Mk 2 as FV1611 1/73

Struck off 2/8/84 (It is difficult to read the company that purchased it, as it is written in joined up writing but with the capitals as just large lower case letters. So could be something like Abridut Rebuilds)

Batteries No.2 Mk 1, FV157937 which are 60 Ah. But I would choose a modern battery as large as you can get. To give you some reserve if it is being difficult to start but also to give a bit of spare capacity to tide you over a weekend show.

Looks good any picture of the inside hope you have fun with her

Well lets hope Reverse works!!!!:rofl:only kidding going to have to think of new one now. Oh and please don't try getting in with your skit on not a pretty sight:nono::shocked:

Looks good, and may i congratulate you on your fantastic choice of vehicle! hopefully everything will be working as advertised when you get it hooked up to some batteries.

What an absolute bargain by the way, a massive amount of interesting vehicle for not a huge outlay :thumbsup:

Clive

How do you get to this info so quick, or do you remember it all. :shake:

I make it up as I go along. No, no, no, just joking. I have several sources of reliable data.

Looks quite complete. Nice to see it still has Mk 1 front wings.