mk 2 humber pig

riddlestolly

The Queens Royal Hussars were only formed in 1993 so it surprises me that this badge is on here unless an ex QRH owned it at some time! Before 1993 you had the Queens Royal Irish Hussars and the Queens Own Hussars. Hope that helps

Particularly as it was struck off census on 2/8/84.

I have never seen regimental markings on a Mk 2 Pig. In fact regimental & unit badges were discontinued under a CRAOC order in 1977.

Apparently the pig has copme straight from the army to one person before being sold so all the markings are (?) original and not been touched, which makes another mystery.

Thanks anyway

anymore :???

well i have got the pig home today and after about half an hour SHE STARTED UP, YIPEEEEEEEEEEE, the brakes are sort of there ISH and the clutch is o.k ISH but she goes foward and REVERSE, and the engine runs so sweet . I AM A VERY VERY HAPPY GIRL NOW. See leave to a woman!!!!

Running, moving & stopping, all good news. One further important test is to ensure the rear axle is ok. So hopefully it can move along in 2 wheel drive ie on the rear axle.

When you start to move a Mk 2 always engage 1st gear, that automatically engages 4WD & shares the strain between the front & rear axles. As you move along & engage 2nd gear a spring eject mechanism should push the 4WD lever from about 30 degrees down, up to horizontal. Hopefully it still moves along.

When going into reverse you should also engage 4WD. Moving off from stationary should always be done in 4WD to ease the strain on the rear axle. This was an order introduced in NI to try to reduce the wheel station/axle failures. At any one time 80 pigs were off the road with these problems, so it was a serious issue.