Where to see WW1 vehicles in 2009?

Rlangham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On Sunday 3rd of May we are taking our FWD Model B on the London to Brighton run. Joining us will be another US WW1 FWD Model B, a civilian McCurd lorry (which although a civilian is of the same type used by the ASC during the war) and pershings Doughboys the WW1 US Army Living History Unit.

We will be leaving South terrace car park at Crystal Palace at 7:40 and should be at Madeira drive for around mid day (hopefully).

It will be interesting to have two US military scheme Model B FWD's together. Something not seen in this country for a very long time. This will be the longest journey undertaken by either of these FWD's since their restoration. Wish us luck.

Tim (too)

Steve

I think you missunderstood that post. Look at Rob's first post.

Bit self-explanatory really. Anyone know of any events where WW1 vehicles are likely/planned to turn up this year?

Usually there is something at Detling. We took the FWD once, but it was an expensive hike out.

Tim (too)

On Sunday 3rd of May we are taking our FWD Model B on the London to Brighton run. Joining us will be another US WW1 FWD Model B, a civilian McCurd lorry (which although a civilian is of the same type used by the ASC during the war) and pershings Doughboys the WW1 US Army Living History Unit.

We will be leaving South terrace car park at Crystal Palace at 7:40 and should be at Madeira drive for around mid day (hopefully).

It will be interesting to have two US military scheme Model B FWD's together. Something not seen in this country for a very long time. This will be the longest journey undertaken by either of these FWD's since their restoration. Wish us luck.

Tim (too)

Good luck

I'll be about with the Champ probably somewhere around the plyons and give you a wave :-D

What route will the run take? Might be able to meet you along the way with the kettle and biscuits! :-D

Not sure of the first bit but as I understand A23 to Handcross then Staplefield,Cuckfield,Burgess Hill,Clayton then back on the A23

Here is the whole route. We plan is to leave Crystal Palace at 7:40 we will be travelling through the following locations:

Thornton Heath Pond, Purley Cross, Coulsdon, Merthsam Village, Redhill, Earlswood Common, Horley, Broadfield Stadium (half way halt), Handcross, Cuckfield, Ansty, Burgess Hill, Hassocks, Clayton Hill, Patcham Village, Preston Park, Madeira Drive in Brighton. Total journey 53.2 miles.

Do take some photos of us on the road, because as i will be on it i wont have the opportunity.

See you there and pray for sunshine, although not too much of course or we will have a fuel problem.

Tim (too)