scammell wiring

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have three sets of clocks from which i have made one good set , i have noticed that they have got different brass caps over the light, which one would be for 1950 also the needle centre is chrome others just black :-D the original set in the lorry had three layers of clock faces on the fuel gauge ,each had a date some initials and a signiture,what dose this mean ? :-D

• 1 month later...

this morning i went to start the scammell and smoke came out from the starter switch pannel followed by a fizzing sound :(. I hit the isolater switch and waited for the smoke to clear before returning to the cab. On doing so after a bit of looking I found that water had got into the switch board and it was all corroded. On further inspection many of the switches were not serviceable resulting in a total rewire of the dash with more modern switches. All seems to be working a treat so far and I now even have dash illuminations :yay:.

• 8 months later...