Korean Dodge Gun Carragies.

Tony B

Hi Tony,

Nice picture! Where did you find it? An more pic's where that came from?

Note the rope on the front bumper of the Dodge WC51 (late) in the middle. Some people have claimed on different forums that MV's during WW2 NEVER had hemp rope attached to front bumpers.....

I bought a roll of 1 1/4" handmade Manila Hemp Rope on my summer vacation in Finland. I wanted around 10-12 meters (10-12 yards) for my late Dodge WC51. The store, an old fashioned general store out in the country, didn't split the rolls, so I wound up with 30 meters of rope! Enough to make 3 full length ropes. I'll be splicing the ends so the ropes can be used as tow ropes.

This is a picture of a prototype recoilless gun vehicle for the Swedish army, dated 1946.

As always,

Goran N

Dodge_WC52_w_Swedish_gun_105mm recoiless_1946_fixed_small_250kb02.jpg

it's of the Life picture site just released. Only scratche dthe surface, ther is also a picture of a Tilly ambulance, 20 million odd pictures so start digging :-D

http://images.google.com/hosted/life

try Eisenhower and you have command cars coming out of your ears.

As for ropes I'm lucky enough to have the Ropeworks at chatham Dockyard about 45 minutes away. They make everything including tow ropes for aircraft carriers and the Mainbrace for HMS victory. They will also sell the left overs from contracts to deserving cause very cheap.

Edited by Tony B

Tony i tried eisenhower and got pics of him but only a handful of vehicle pics, i note that the maximum each search goes to is 200 hundred images surley there are more and if so how do you get to them for instance i cannot believe that only 200 truck images are on the site from 20.000.000 photos

any help appreciated

cheers

Les

Found this photo from WW2 Denmark 1945 also showing rope on Bumper

so it confirmed to WW2

Happy crowd lines the streets of Copenhagen to welcome American troops after the German occupying forces were driven out. Location: Copenhagen, Denmark Date taken: May 1945 Photographer: George Rodger

Denmark1945.jpg

Edited by abn deuce