The all new Bovington!

Went down to Bovington at the weekend and thought you may like to see some shots of the new areas :-D

Picture019-4.jpg

Picture056-2.jpg

Picture063-1.jpg

And some other bits and pieces...anyone like to guess where this were taken (yes I know I took them at Bovy but where were they taken originally? :sweat:)

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture023-2.jpg

Picture020-4.jpg

Picture025-1.jpg

Jack, Thanks for the update. When do they think it will be open to the public? We will be in the UK for 3 months fron 30th May 2009.

Regards Rick

It's open now. Like the Mermaid theatre, it never closed. The new building will be "officially" opened next year sometime. As an RAC alumnus and regular contributor the restoration fund, I expect an invite. DRAC even promised my name on the roll of honour for those who coughed up under the scheme. We shall see on that last bit.

On Saturday, BBC South will be there to do an "Antiques Roadshow" style programme, free entrance and a chance to experience the trenches as the 90th anniversary of the Armistice comes around.

I considered turning up in 15/19H blazer and tie with medals, but really didn't fancy having my arm tugged by an eight-year-old: "Mister, mister, what did you do in the Great War?"

Snapper (Mark)

Picking up a motorhome about the28th May next. Already booked in for War and Peace. Heading to Normandy on 1st. June for a week. Staying at the same park as the MVT. Same ferry as well.

What else do you recomend?

We want to see as much as possible.

So far we haven't got too much planned

Will be visiting the WW1 battlefields and looking up some friends and rellies.

We have a few friends to see as well whilst we are over there.

We are also taking in a few Commercial Vehicle runs and finishing with The Great Dorset Steam Show, at the beginning of November.

Looking forward to catching up with as many forum members as possible.

Regards Rick 'n' Jill

We are also taking in a few Commercial Vehicle runs and finishing with The Great Dorset Steam Show, at the beginning of November.

GDSF isn't in November...

2009 sees the Great Dorset Steam Fair in its 41st year - make a note of the dates of this year’s show, they are: Wednesday 2nd September, Thursday 3rd September, Friday 4th September, Saturday 5th September and Sunday 6th September.

Alien,

What did you do in the Great War?? in fact what did you do in the Cold War?

Bazz

pmsl Go away in short sharp and jerky movements observing a Regimental Pause of 2 - 3. You are not eight years old. In fact you were there when I joined. Can't you remember then?

In the Cold War, my lasting memory is of ... getting cold.