HMVF Military Moot...

Jack

Had a fellow member drop into the office today who brought with him a very nice selection of biscuits (Lee & Ian please take note) and we put the world to rights. You know, 3 day week, cheap fuel, everyone being able to own a mans truck......

Anyway something was said in conversation. Just thinking about it in the shower :nono: (stop those thoughts Lee Enfield) and have come up with an idea :idea:

I gonna give this some more thought but its basically a Military Moot. We were talking today about the fact that we have enough military history around us all that we don't have to go far to see it, touch it.

We also don't often get to meet each other and everyone here has something to offer.

Most counties have a certain richness of history that we can all take advantage of. So the thought is:

1. Meet at a certain point/county
  2. A member of that county organises places of interest for us to visit and back ground history, maps etc etc
  3. may be organise a group visit to museums, guided tours etc etc
  4. transport to be a military vehicle of any age - petrol paid for by the group 'bring a jerrycan'
  5. end up in a pub for a pint or two and a meal
  6. sleep over
  7. depart sameday
  8. find a field pitch camp for a BBQ???

What do you think? There are places around the country I would to visit.

Thats a great idea Jack but i think i have seen this posted already :-D

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=8910&page=4

post_old.gif 09-09-2008, 17:04

image.php?u=219&dateline=1207610116safariswing user_offline.gif

Super Moderator

icon1.gif Re: Poss HMVF meeting/show 2009

Could organise something in our neck of the woods starting at the Bunker, Ian & myself were discussing this a couple of weeks ago... possibly meeting up at the Bunker on the Saturday morning for a days driving & visiting places of interest, returning to the Bunker in the evening for a 3-course meal & tour of the Bunker.. then maybe finish of the evening with some films if we can get Nick Johns interested?? Accommodation would be in the Bunker Dormitory Bunks & full English Breakfast Sunday Morning... Sowers in the Bunker would be availible too... It would be open to all HMVF members & you wouldn't all have to come in MV's as there would always be spare seats in the MV's..

Cost for grub & use of the Bunker approx £20 per head...

Just an idea...

PS Lee paid me to do this

but that ain't no excuse about biscuits.

If we could find a shop we would of bought biscuits... there again Ian had enough trouble finding your office :coffee:... found Beckett Towers ok though :cool2: besides that was "Operation Plank" & we had other things on our mind :coffee:

Plus the fact that it flags up that I need a PA :coffee:

And I need a job (and the wife wants to move down your way too) - how much are you offering mate?? :rofl::rofl:

Enigma and I do this at least once a year mate, get a life!

Next time - invite the whole forum!!! Don't forget also we have the Overloon trip for next Feb coming up.......