Brighton run

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy the run PS lend us a tenner :rofl:

I will take the freewheeling hubs as a deposit.

come to think of it whats for tea tomorrow.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Had a bad nights sleep saterday,was violently sick early morning,decided to go anyway,It was a terrible journey down wipers unable to cope most of the time, i was amazed at how many bothered to come considering the weather,The vehicles were parked allmost to the marina.Chris G offered us tea on the way home,we were so wet etc we decided to keep going,thanks anyway Chris.Met a man in a series 1 looking for the place to recieve his award for best s1,i explained to him there must be a mistake as i won it last year and had come to get it again.After a lot of laughing it turned out he knew everone i did over the years,but we hadnt met.i think what it is we are all that much older and just dont recognise each other,never was very good with names.

The weather obviously killed the event as many people on arrival just turned round and went home.Having travelled overland in a landrover i was amazed at the amount of posh kit lots of the vehicles had for expedition work,i must admit i turned my nose up at most of it ,and said to myself,that will fall off ,the bracket on that will snap.and the whole vehicle looks like the owner is very wealthy.thats exactly what you dont wont.I supose for camping in Europe it would all be ok,i suspect a lot of it was things you just had to have,but wouldnt be used.Anyone got a trip they have done with all this kit i would be interested to here about it,sure others would be .A few pics later but not many.Pats made me stay at home to recover.she has the camera in her bag at work.CW.

brightonlr004.jpg

brightonlr006.jpg

When the G4s were sold i thought the deal was they had to go export,interesting, wonder how they got round that.

brightonlr009.jpg

brightonlr010.jpg

Great restoration,shame about silver paint instead of galvanised.

brightonlr011.jpg

brightonlr012.jpg

Top picture looks better with fresh galvanising,the one thing i dont like is everone seems to spoil the frontal view by fitting orange indicators.I have fitted stop and tail units so you can have a side lamp and indicator,ok its white light but when i asked traffic division they didn see a problem,After all they said whites the brightest light.i have never had anyone confused about my intentions when signaling.not electrically anyway.

brightonlr013.jpg

interesting body,i would like to see how it would survive an overland expedition.

brightonlr014.jpg

a nice clean example, just as it should be.

Amusing tale,when we arrived and the marshall was parking us up he wanted me to reverse up a very high curb.i said no mate got brand new tyres,He said whys that then dont you go off rd,i just said no mate ,and smiled:-D

I Just love FLO (flo80c) but whats that pimple on her cheek, no.. i meen wing, OSF wing just below the mirror steve

Its a rubber bump stop,stops thr door banging into the wing as there were no door straps.

thanks , not very efective then is that a dent in the wing ? (i still love her ) steve

No it wasnt dented,but they very often were.it was when the wind caught the door,many of them had canvas or a lump of old inner tube used as a strop.