Scrap tyre disposal !

AndyFowler

Hi Andy,

I found that if you scrap a vehicle and leave the tyres on it they only charge about a fiver a time for truck ones. May not be applicable to you though!

Otherwise most tyre dealers will get rid of them for a fee, especially if you're having the replacements fitted at the same time.

- Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike ! I don't really want to scrap Daisy to get rid of her old tyres :-D:-D ! I am fitting the tyres myself so I guess the tyre people wont be to keen to take them but I'll give a few local firms a try ! Just thought as you see so many flytipped that it would be expensive to dispose of legally ! Thanks again Andy !

Hello , can anyone recommend a way of legally and economically disposing of worn out tyres from my Scammell Explorer in the southeast of London please ? :-D

Andy, one of our waste transfer stations in MK used to accept tyres, so it may be worth trying your local council. Do not under any circumstances try burning them, the smoke and greasy fallout is horrendous.:shocked:

Any tyre place should be able to take them off your hands for about a fiver, though saying that, I tried to get our tyre disposal poeple to take the old Morris tyres and they wouldnt have them, dont know why. Our local tip/recycling place has a place for tyres, try that.