Liberation of Brussels

sabre

Last week, the liberation of Brussels was commemorated with a ceremony in front of the Belgian Brigade statue.

The people of our BADGER group involved with the 25 pounders and the Belgian Brigade were asked to fire a salute in front of all the veterans, the representors of the Belgian king and the minister of defence, the ambassadors of Great Britain and Luxemburg some high rank officers of the Belgian army and lots of other officials.

I have to say that the veterans were moved and very emotional seeing the display we made. This is somehow the highest achievement we can have.

This is the movie

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=_7mQueAyxTI

and here are some pictures.

Our next outing is @ Bastogne in December were there wil be a salute in front of the American Ambassador at the opening of a statue.

Next year on D-DAY we are opening a "Belgian Brigade" museum @ the Merville battery. I will keep you all informed on this.

Piet

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

What a great thing you could do,i see you have carawagon 71kb47,i used to own 15gn59 do you know what gn might of been cheers cw.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
GN was one of the first batches.

16 GN was 1977-1978

I know that last year, yours was still in Britain.

Piet

Thanks for the info,it was the only right hand drive i have seen.