what do you think of false/copy trucks

v8 bubba

Question

7 answers to this question

this was on ebay a nice job done but how do you feel about it as its not real but a very good copy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280259480259&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

Same goes for the all the post war Hotchkiss Jeeps made to look like WW2 ones, often claiming to be original, or Jeeps built using new repro parts, body/chassis, they are all considered replicas

I look at it and think - ok - it's an Indian Brave - why bother to dress it up as something it's not ? But , as already said , why dress an M201 as US or , as seen at one show recently - a NEKAF M38 with allied star on hood & US markings - even repro Willys data plates on dash (with serial number spaces left blank obviously) under the original Dutch ones .

:argh:

i do find it interesting how far some will go to Cary out such a big job to make a clone i would think it was done to capture the flavour on a budget rather than to fool anyone

i did see a mahindra at this years war and peace also a rather odd looking h1 hummer thing on a range rover/landrover chasis

i to think it would feel wrong to do a replica but then there is the question of trying to restore a basket case at what is it restored rather than a replica with original parts