hello from midlands

v8 bubba

Hello folks i have been reading here a while now and wanted to say hi to you all.

this a bit of a leap of faith for me as i have had a life long love of green machines but never had the funds/opportunity to buy one .

i have owned several dodge w200 crew cabs and diesel blazers over the years but i don't really think they count.

i have been involved with jeeps for years and currently own 3 cj8,s and they are very thin on the ground possibly one of the rarest models .

after 26 years in the motor trade [mainly hgv 4x4 and plant] i got made redundant again and decided to hang up the spanners as a trade and now drive a hgv.

my hope full aim is to get a m715 ambulance or maintenance truck at some point but we will just wait and see.

so please bear with me if i talk rubbish and ask dumb things i have thick skin so you won't offend me.

you guys have some fantastic machines and the knowledge collectively is staggering this does really seem a fountain of help.

i have mumbled on long enough so once again hello folks.

Hi bubba (or should that be burble?), don't worry - a lot of us talk scribble on here. Fountain of help hey? Flipping soil pipe must have sprung a leak again.

But as you've no doubt found out already, there's usually someone online who can offer some sensible advice - you just have to negotiate the service pit of humility and the cross-fire of sarcasm before help finally arrives. Alternatively just buy a workshop manual :-D

In fact why don't you join in with those 'rested' spanners of yours and help some of us out - the latest "project vehicle " in the clubhose workshop is a Scammell Commander. So far we have just the badge, but it shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate the various missing pieces :whistle:

Truely one of the hardest infection's to try and rid yourself of is the O.D. one . Once it attaches itself your never really the same again . So best advice is don't fight it but take daily doses of the Friendly Forum and ask question suggest solutions and simple have a good time.

Mind you there are cleaning duties to be done by you until the next person joins up . Most of the members are in the club house Cinema watching a verity of Military training films and war documenteries .

the mobil unit .

http://picasaweb.google.com/archiefbus/MilitaireVoertuigen/photo#5155674493753023426

or our smaller unit

http://picasaweb.google.com/archiefbus/LegerDitjesEnDatjes/photo#5155715901532725394

Edited by abn deuce

Hello, and welcome. At least you have some taste with the Dodges, therapy for the Jeep fetish will commence with ducking in the club house pond. In the meantime, it has been hinted that the sureptisous placement of a packet of Custard creams can get a newbie excused cleaning duties. Never hang up the spanners round here, someone will have a 'borrow' :cool2: