BAOR History

Adam Elsdon

This is an excellent website for those who want to do a bit of researching about the British Army On the Rhine, stacks of photos and links etc, hasnt been up and running for long (About a year) but is very good, they even have lists of all the bases and barracks, regiments that occupied them and when etc complete with links on google earth!

A must for those with the types of vehicles that served with the british army from the last days of WW2 to the mid Nineties and want to find some history about what, why ,when and how they were used

There is a request for information etc on vehicles that served with the BAOR, so they can compile an equipment history of equipment used in theatre (Not that there are experts on this forum of course :cool2:).

I am in no way linked to the site, i just find it a very useful resource.

http://baor-locations.com/Home.aspx

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Thanks Adam, just what I need at the moment. The SWB Landy is probably BAOR, and my 101 was BOAR,

And now there B.E.R. :rofl:Spot the Berttie..

Thanks for this,

I was an Army Brat! born in the military hospital at Rinteln. Spent most of my first seven years of life in Germany, photos of Napier barracks are nice to see.

Shame I haven't managed to visit before it was demolished.

Thanks for this,

I was an Army Brat! born in the military hospital at Rinteln. Spent most of my first seven years of life in Germany, photos of Napier barracks are nice to see.

My daughter was also an Army Brat, born at Rinteln. Next month she'll be making me a grandfather.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
My daughter was also an Army Brat, born at Rinteln. Next month she'll be making me a grandfather.

What will she be making him out of,plasticine:rofl:

Thanks for this,

I was an Army Brat! born in the military hospital at Rinteln.

Same here, and i have just heard that a) Osnabruck garrison to be closed

b) my old school at Hamm is

to be drmolished :(

Ashley

Same here, and i have just heard that a) Osnabruck garrison to be closed

b) my old school at Hamm is

to be drmolished :(

Ashley

Too late. Osnabruck closed at the end of last year. ISTR QDG moved from Osnabruck to Paderborn, removing the possibility of LD (due to move to Paderborn last year) reliving the best years of 15/19H back there.