Mmmmm Dual front wheels

R Cubed

With steering by armstrong it's best to have the vehicle creeping in either direction while manovering the steering wheel , something those with "power steering" never think about unless the steering pump belt squeals

Yep I do that all the time anyway saves all the wear and tare on the joints, when you creep forwards and then backwards while turning the steering wheel, but if you are in a tight area the creeping backwards and forwards is not enough and you run out of room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to try something at the weekend if it works I will post it up on HMVFTV.

A warning on twin wheels: I did the Beltring off-road course with twin wheels on the front of my GMC and corkscrewed the steering box output shaft. When I came off the course I could turn so far left that the wheels rubbed the drag link while I only had about 1/2 the normal right lock. The scary thing is I have no idea at what point on the course it happened!

GMCoff-roadingRedhill.jpg

WLF with twin wheels. I meant to do this again this year but never got round to it.

Twinwheels1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...