Dallas Dig-Out - Autojumble etc

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry mate,

been up there today getting ready, Steve would have a heart attack if we made him do it next weekend!

I'm sure the guy will let you know what was there- including GMC softcab mirror arms!

............now that is just unfair :cry: :cry:

There was a reasonable amount of people there who seemed to be having a good time. I personally didn't see any bargains but I wasn't looking for anything in particular anyway. Karoshi seemed to get tempted once or twice but managed to restrain himself. I think Paul that you would probably have been disappointed with the amount of stuff there had you travelled the 150 miles to get there.

i popped along but didn't get there till about 11 & then spent the next 2 hours chatting.

I thought it was how a sale should be, it was a booty for MV owners & only a quid to get in & 5.oo to sell. realistic prices. there was a few stalls there & everyone has to start somewhere. Next year may be a little bigger.

when malvern first started there wasn't enough stalls to fill 2 halls & now they use them all & made the pitches 2 ft smaller each to get more in.

ta

berni

You missed some great bargains, a guy sold a brit para folding bike for £45, two Jeep engines went for £195 and I got a Dodge starting handle for £5 and pioneer rack for £5.

My mate got a US footlocker £15 and US tools for £1

I thought it was excellent value for a Quid.

Can't wait for the next one!

Guys,

The dig out went really well- unfortunately for you late comers the bargains went really early!

We had just over 40 stalls- nearly all vehicle related- not almost all uniforms like at Malvern. Most of these were actual MV owners with their own spares to sell at realistic prices.

250 punters came through, so it was busy early on.

Oddball must have been a late arrival, as I see from his photos that the car park (feild) was much emptier than at its peak.

We hope to do another next year. :wink:

Hi guys first time poster on the forum but keep an eye on whats on

some of us from up north way had a trip down to the boot sale

I must agree it was good for the amount of stalls there but we got there just after 09.20. only to be told it had started just before 07.30. this

would mean leaving home at 04.30. at least. I agree the price was very cheap to get in at a £1.oo.and the stall pitches of a £5.oo. were a bargain

but to say it was better than Malvern is crazy, they have hundreds of stalls there and it is under cover not in the open , don't get me wrong

we are coming down next year if it is on but to get those bargains I think a local B&B is on the agenda and an early breakfast.

Commander

Hi Commander and welcome to the forum. Its such a shame that so many HMVF members attended this event and NONE of us knew each other. It would have been an ideal place to say Hi. were working on some badges.

I thought for a first event is was cracking, but we were late arrivals and missed the bargains. For you guys to have made it down from up north is praise worthy, I hope you weren't too dissapointed at some southerners catching the early worm.

How far did you guys travel ?

• 2 months later...

LOOK ITS BACK

Dallas Auto Parts Open House Autojumble "Dig Out" Dallas Auto Parts, Cold Ash Farm, Long Lane, Hermitage, nr. Newbury, Berks. ‘Dallas Dig Out’ is back! Due to the success of the last show in October and customers requests to hold another 'Dig Out' Dig out those unwanted parts and militaria! Sell them from your boot for a Fiver! Entry just a Quid! See the famous Dallas Junk Yard and make an offer! Traders by prior arrangement.

Cynthia on 01489 580879 to reserve your pitch or Liz on 01635 201124.

Liz Rivers Web site http://www.dallasautoparts.com/

Sunday 30/4/2006