Land Army Lovely's!

M5Clive

sounds like a candidate for the darwin award....

My dad had a fordson for years and always told me to keep the thumbs well clear when winding it over... he's got a t20 fergie which is lekky start... luxury...

anyway back on track...

Saw some of the WLA ladies at Howarth last week... they looked good marching down the street

I'd love to, but I live in the lakes, the nearest event to show it is well beyond driving distance. I have nowt to trailer it on and nothing big enough to pull it with, if I had a trailer big enough to put it on! It's out of the elements and not taking any harm and has my dodge to chat to on long winter evenings!

The lady who owns it dosent really want to sell it so there it stays for the time being. It would be nice to get the old thing running but time, kids, other green stuff gets priority... I rather like seeing it peeping from out of the gloom covered in dust, it reminds me that there must be other nice things in other barns lurking elsewhere:-)

My Fiance joined in with Nell's Belles at a couple of shows last year with some uniform she picked up from one of the other Belles' husbands who runs a company called 'stand up, hook up 1941' Dennis' WLA stuff was spot on so that could be a source if anyone needs any?

Here is a pic of my fiance driving a 1919 austin tractor I renovated a few years ago for Shuttleworth in her WLA garb.

IMG_4758.jpg

Here's a couple of good ones of all the girls (including your fiance) at Wantisden Wartime weekend in September in Suffolk. It took me flipping ages to set all these shots up, but I think they were worth it.

DSC_0768.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

PM me for the contact details of Nelle's Belle's if you still need them.

Great pictures Clive that was a really interesting weekend not sure Sarah was too keen getting on the top of the thresher though, but she tells everyone she speaks to about it so thanks for the opportunity. She still has Andrea's contact details so hopefully can catch up at least at Beltring.

Cheers Steve