Kelmarsh 2008

Afraid not - the owner saw me (i'd met him at Crich, he had his civilian blue one there), and said feel free to sit in it etc! Unfortunately it's not running at the moment but will be at Detling, so I was just posing. Don't know anything about its history, but apparently it's one of only three left. Not sure about the sledge, I know the owners though so will ask about that one. Here's some more photos;

a1-3.jpg

a2-3.jpg

I believe this one was taken after the infamous "In our glorious Utopia, Morris' will no longer be forced to dance!"

a3-3.jpg

a4-3.jpg

a5-3.jpg

a6-3.jpg

a7-2.jpg

a8-2.jpg

a9-2.jpg

It kind of is and isn't - it's a captured German trench, the scenario was set at Amiens in 1918

Umm, aren't the rifles and vickers pointing the wrong way then? :-D One of the problems of capturing trenches was the need to reverse them. It required the infantary to carry a lot of extra kit.

Nope, completely wooden - built for 'Flyboys' *spits* as a German Beutepanzer, but you only see it for a split second - it wasn't built with any sponsons. Sat outside at the East of England Military Museum for several years, so when the gentleman who built the trench (Steven 'abs' Wisdom) borrowed it, it needed a lot of work, including building one sponson - from the other side (regretably didn't get any photos of this) it had a fantastic burnt out interior

Wow, a lot of work has gone into creating that display! It looks awefull!

I think you mean awesome Joris,:) not like you , your English is normally better than a lot of the natives on here.:rofl: