1945 Willys MB

Here goes again after the previous posts were lost in the crash, The blog of renovating the very original August 1945 Willys MB imported from California.

Chassis and axles are now painted and back together, started on the body which has a little rot in parts of the channel sections, is otherwise near perfect, to facilitate work and make it easier to move in and out of the garage was lucky to find this portable frame on ebay

jeep pics 163 (2).jpg

jeep pics 160 (2).jpg

jeep pics 164 (2).jpg

Edited by Nick Johns

• 9 months later...
Nick, dare I say that your MB has Brit Army features.......

British Army features?? ...I think not, this Jeep has been halfway around the world but only arrived in UK in 2006. Tony Sudds declared it as one of the most original unrestored Jeeps he had seen in many years

Edited by Nick Johns

• 1 month later...
British Army features?? ...I think not, this Jeep has been halfway around the world but only arrived in UK in 2006. Tony Sudds declared it as one of the most original unrestored Jeeps he had seen in many years

Nick, I had forgotten that I posted that comment. It is the windscreen. It appears to have the standard 1940s/50s British rifle rack fittings.

It is not unknown for Brit Jeeps to crop up in the States. Jim Mulligan has an extraordinarily original 50s REME rebuild that has been in the US for years.

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=136433

Nick, I had forgotten that I posted that comment. It is the windscreen. It appears to have the standard 1940s/50s British rifle rack fittings.

[/url]

It wasn't only British army to fit rifle clips, the screen is frame from an earlier Jeep without the gun rack brackets, it had been fitted with some crudely made tin clips fitted post war whilst in service with the Greek army, ...now been consigned to the scrap bin !

Edited by Nick Johns