Restoration Projects.

Jack

A place to talk and record the progress of your restoration projects, the highs and the lows. What you have learnt and links to suppliers. Please fill free to post your pictures here as well.

Post away!

Cheers

Jack.

• 1 year later...

As long as you can appreciate that they were also built postwar (i believe the number was 500) some went to Switzerland but most ended up in America (Oregon?? forestry service springs to mind)

Ashley

I like those vehicles.

Hope I'll own 1 some day...

As long as you can appreciate that they were also built postwar (i believe the number was 500) some went to Switzerland but most ended up in America (Oregon?? forestry service springs to mind)

Ashley

yes I know.

Wouldn't be that much of a problem. :-)

• 4 months later...

I read in Decembers 2006 edition of classic MV mag that in 2001 someone went for a long walk far up in the Bieszczady mountain looking for mushrooms, where they found lying disgaurded in a bush an NSU HK 101 Kettenkrad, imagine that!! most people spend vast fortunes and time looking to unearth a rusty wreck and these lucky folk were just out collecting mushrooms.

Well.........dont know about this one apparently if you dig up or find a vehicle or gun or whatever in Poland you have to hand it in to the government who restore it and put them in museums, realising that they are worth vasts amount of money probably most end up in barnes around Poland being slowly restored by enthusiastic poles hoping one day to reap the rewards. As it caries a long spell incarcerated in prison for defrauding the government for not handing it in , they've probably dumped it as far away from where they live at the top of a tall mountain. You can just imagine the couples conversation on the way home....'if anybody stops us Marek, just say we were looking for mushrooms! ''

• 1 year later...