selling on eBay

Snapper

Greetings brains trust,

I've decided to step out of the ark and try and sell my Iltis on eBay. Lee will be shocked, because I've actually managed to open an account without crashing the BT network.

Anyway - I'd appreciate some tips on the best way to phrase the advert.

So, please let me know what to and what NOT to do....

Ta

MB

I've actually managed to open an account without crashing the BT network.

Just brought the eBay network down instead :nono:

Anyway - I'd appreciate some tips on the best way to phrase the advert.

So, please let me know what to and what NOT to do....

Don't tell them you're selling an Iltis... good luck :box:

Cheeky sod. Trust you NOT (sensible Mod edit) to be practical. I can see you having to do more duties in the clubhouse if this sort of nonsense continues. You can be demoted (I've read the small print and know a good lawyer).

Now, are you going to be sensible?

:nono:

A peice of advice: don't mention on the advert that (if) you're advertising it elsewhere, reserve the right to end auction early etc. I recently had 10 auctions pulled at once thanks to that bit of small print. Fair enough - their site, their rules - but it cost me a bit of cash to learn the hard way. :-(

- Mike

Ive sold 3 vehicles on e-bay, all went at prices above expected and all of them to people who hadnt physically seen them.

Be factual, and loads and loads of pictures, everything, even the grim parts, and if they ask questions respond quickly, even if it means taking another pic to send them, the reasoning behind this is i wouldnt bother bidding if the seller cant be bothered to reply properly.

Dont set the entry price to high, and dont set the reserve at an unrealistic level, not only that, if people get past the reserve early they usually bid higher near the end. Let the auction run its full course and dont tell them the reserve price, if they cant afford to bid to a reasonable reserve level, they shouldnt be bidding. Enjoy!!

Thanks folks.

I'm grateful to you all, because I've managed to evade eBay for a few years (a mate bought any toys I wanted for me). But the Iltis has to go and all I've had is timewasters and scammers on Milweb (which is no fault of it - just reality). I don't suppose it will hold off the west africans pretending to be Irish or from Jersey who want to send their "shipper" to pick the vehicle up sight unseen. It's a learning curve.

MB

I need to make £1300 (I had it up for £1500 on Milweb)- I prefer not to go any lower. It will need to be towed or trailered - no MOT. Because someone will have to collect it I would not expect to make the original full price. The price I want was agreed in a sale which fell through and I have a senior manager watching! :cool2::sweat::nono: She is all powerful.

MB

It needs two ball joints replaced and a tyre swapped round (it has been fitted on the rim back to front) - I have two spares. The headlight lenses pass in some test centres and not others - makes me cringe - it took four years for my regular tester to fail me on this point. I have replacements to fit. It's not a monumental task by any means - but I've decided I need a new plaything.

M