Normandy 09

I think we spoke about this sometime back but just to see who was going - what are you taking MV or car, where you are staying and what you are doing.

We will be there and that is without doubt and would be great for an HMVF meet up whilst there. I even heard the Snapper may even be there.........

I definitely want to go - haven't worked out the details of how or who with...I don't have a WW2 vehicle (currently or maybe never). I fancy going for my 50th birthday.....CMV will presumably want some coverage. But presumption is not always the wisest route to enlightenment.

MB

Just paid our deposit for a house on the beachfront at Luc-sur-Mer (I think). Gang of us going (12) for a fortnight, taking the Jeep if all is well and a couple of M/C's. Getting exited now the house is confirmed.

Spood is a house the way to go or a campsite?

As we're going for a fortnight we thought we'd like a bit of luxury. Nothing against camping, in fact, I love it, but as there are a dozen of us going the cost is acceptable at just over £100 a person. The house is superb, Mrs Spood and myself had a guided tour last year when we were over there. There is also a lockable double garage so we can keep the vehicles reasonably safe as well, I can't wait.

We're going to have some co-ordination then. I'd love to do 'visitng forces' to other groups.

Don't forget 2010 will be the 65th anniversary of the Liberation of the Channel Islands!

going to Normandy with at least one bike but hopefully two along with a large group of ww2 allied bikes and already decided to do Jersey 65th anniversary a year later but will have bikes remarked as force 135 by then

Nigel

going to Normandy with at least one bike but hopefully two along with a large group of ww2 allied bikes and already decided to do Jersey 65th anniversary a year later but will have bikes remarked as force 135 by then

Nigel

Last time all we did for non 135 vehicles was stick magnetic paper stencils on those who wanted. Otherwise no not really , its the taking part that matters !