Horndean 08 - some pictures

That would explain the lack of pictures of Mikes' "little truck". We enjoyed our time Horndean, and still managed to camp "big truck" style while only attending with a little MUTT.

Nick Johns film night was very good (although it did mean we missed the "burlesque entertainers"), and continued until the weather turned nasty for the night.

I was designated driver for the half track on the Saturday, although it wasn't me at the wheel when it had an "incident" with a portaloo.

That would explain the lack of pictures of Mikes' "little truck". We enjoyed our time Horndean, and still managed to camp "big truck" style while only attending with a little MUTT.

How the hell do you get a Sofa in a Mutt :confused:

A few from me on Saturday

Our arrival on sat afternoon.Other half,one of the bin lids,and truck

100_0286.jpg

A well equipped Champ.Owned by one of the most miserable b***ards in the country.lol

100_0290.jpg

Very nice half track

100_0289.jpg

100_0288.jpg

100_0287.jpg

A wise old wizard,once said "What on earth would possess anyone to want one of these" I have always quite liked them though.

100_0294.jpg

100_0295.jpg

The mighty Stolly

100_0296.jpg

And two of them to boot.

100_0297.jpg

Failed to meet TooTallMike and Grasshopper again.But did see Mike in the arena in the back of Nick Johns Jeep manning the camera.See some of you soon.Next shows for me,will be Biggin Hill Airshow.(Vulcans on the list for that one)And Bromley Pageant.

Edited by Mark Burley

Excellent Pics - thanks guys. Wish I could have got the Ward there as is just isn't a military vehicle show without a Ward La France. Looks like an excellent meet so must ensure I get there next year - providing the Ward is still going. LOL

Markheliops

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
A few from me on Saturday

Our arrival on sat afternoon.Other half,one of the bin lids,and truck

100_0286.jpg

A well equipped Champ.Owned by one of the most miserable b***ards in the country.

MOD EDIT REQUIRED HERE I THINK to many civvy vehicles creeping in and the rents just gone up.

Me and the boys had a great time, the weather was great until monday when the rain came down with a vengence!.

My diet is going so well that I can stand on the canvas of a lightwieght!!:whistle:

SNV31546-1.jpg

Our new dodgy squaddies board.

SNV31541.jpg

A rare land rover, one of the last seris 3's ever made.

SNV31543.jpg

horndean003.jpg

If the diets going that well that must be a half empty bottle of water on the chair:-D

(Carrot) CAKE RIDER

horndean002.jpg

As the sun goes down we will remember him.

horndean001.jpg

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

horndean005.jpg

Nick Johns mobile cinema.

Nick has put a lot of work into this,so if you are at Beltring and bored one evening give him a look in,he will be running ww2 footage.

horndean005.jpg

Nick Johns mobile cinema.

Nick has put a lot of work into this,so if you are at Beltring and bored one evening give him a look in,he will be running ww2 footage.

This was just a trial run with a small back projection screen, the planned "Mobile Army cinema unit" at W&P will be much bigger, so far have hours of WW2 training and instruction film, some in colour, preparing for D Day plus plenty of combat footage, lots of mv's Jeeps/GMC's/Dukws/Scammells/Bedfords, all now on DVD....look out for us in the living history area

Edited by Nick Johns

This was just a trial run with a small back projection screen, the planned "Mobile Army cinema unit" at W&P will be much bigger, so far have hours of WW2 training and instruction film, some in colour, preparing for D Day plus plenty of combat footage, lots of mv's Jeeps/GMC's/Dukws/Scammells/Bedfords....look out for us in the living history area

Few of the training films I saw were great sorry I could not stay longer, thanks for the trial run....